Waterford City & County Council's Arts resource site
This is a two stage grant scheme – a partnership between a Screenwriter and a Producer and Waterford City & County Council with the hope of making great films and encouraging further finances towards the project.
The scheme is based on four tenets:
You will describe yourself, for this application, as a professional. You will fill in the required application and send the items for the ‘First Part’ via the Uploads section.
(worth €250) applicants must submit along with their application:
1. A maximum three sentence ‘Pitch’
2. A detailed synopsis and plot
4. A list of characters (with notes)
5. Basic location settings
6. Relevant CVs outlining previous creative work
7. An agreement with a person or group who will produce including a work timeline for the completion of the script
8. Availability for a phone or face-to-face interview
Up to five applicants will then be chosen to submit for the second part
(worth €3,750) the five applicants will then be invited to compete for three grants that, apart from the financial support, will receive a Waterford Film Centre bursary that includes 10 days free rental of equipment and use of the offline editing suite for 7 days.
For this WC&CC Arts Service will expect:
Following this three productions may be chosen. Payment will be given on completion of the film or in agreed stages.
Click the link for further information regarding 2019 Terms and Conditions Screenwriter Producer Team, formats and accreditation.