Waterford City & County Council's Arts resource site
This two stage grant scheme is part of the Theatre Programme of the Arts Service.
We see this as a partnership between a Playwright and a Producer and Waterford City & County Council with the hope of encouraging great drama and outside finances.
The scheme is based on three tenets:
(worth up to €1,500) applicants are invited to submit:
1. A sample scene of a new work
2. A detailed synopsis and plot
4. A list of characters (with notes)
5. Basic stage setting
6. A relevant CV outlining previous creative work
7. An agreement with a person or group who will produce including a work timeline for the completion of the script
These applications will be judged, on their merits, by a theatre practitioner panel where preference will be given to plays based in Waterford or the Southeast, or that cover issues pertinent to Waterford or the Southeast.
Up to three scripts will be commissioned to the value of €1,500 each – payment on receipt of the finished script.
(worth up to an additional €1,500), following the completion of the script and a meeting convened with the Arts Officer responsible for Theatre, the creative team must supply:
1. a rehearsed reading planned in consultation with the Arts Service (we encourage group readings so we can ask venue managers to attend)
2. an exercise consisting of a budgeted and costed proposal for a rehearsal schedule leading towards a budget and costing exercise for a six day run
3. proposed marketing plan including budget and schedule
Apart from the above two clauses – all performance production rights will remain with the Playwright