Wrap up in culture, as venues and public spaces across the island of Ireland as they open their doors to host a programme of free late-night entertainment, as part of an all-island celebration of arts, heritage and culture.
Culture Night / Oíche Chultúir
We are currently assessing the situation in regards to Covid situation and the national and local government roadmap for opening. However we are still putting out a call for Programmes/events and for volunteers to help us with this annual event. We are working closely with the Department of Arts and the Waterford Libraries so as to ensure as wide a spread of events as possible across the County be they with audiences or virtual.
We are hoping that you will be able to plan within, or around the following timeframes and come back with projects that will educate, entertain, and inculcate a sense of awe that will encourage future audiences, investors, producers and artists.
There are three programme strands to the night in question.
1) A wide broad-based programme with a sense of fun, wonderment, education and exploration early in the evening (4pm to 7.30pm) that follows directly from a pre Culture Night Kids programme in the Libraries. This is aimed primarily at young families.
2) An accessible programme with talks, performances, happenings, and scratch events aimed at Youth and and young adults upwards with participatory programmes as well as young adult performers (7.30pm – 9pm)
3) A more adult oriented programme with performance art, dance, scratch exhibitions, literature, music and theatrical events (9pm till late).
All events must be free to the public. All Culture Night events take place between 4pm and midnight. Please note, with the exception of specific Library programmes, Events outside of this time frame cannot be included in our Culture Night brochure.
All upcoming culture night events will be highlighted on the official national Culture Night website over the period leading up to the night itself.
If you already have planned an event – Please email conornolan @ waterfordcouncil.ie with the following:
- Your telephone/contact details
- Who your target audience is (e.g. ‘People of all ages’, ‘Teenagers’, ‘Adults’ ect)
- Feature(s) of the event
- Address of event
- Booking (necessary or not)
- Photo (landscape aprx ratio 5:4)
- Confirmation that it is FREE
Please note it could take up-to a couple of days for it to go live on the official Culturenight website.
We look forward to liaising with you over the coming weeks. We welcome all queries about any aspect of Culture Night Waterford. In the meantime, please become friends on the Waterford Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media pages, please volunteer your ideas, services etc
Check out the National Culture Night page here: https://culturenight.ie/
Culture Night / Oíche Chultúir is an annual, all-island public event that celebrates culture, creativity and the arts. This year, it will take place on Friday 17th September 2021. On Culture Night / Oíche Chultúir, arts and cultural organisations and venues of all shapes and sizes, from independent studios and art-spaces to national cultural institutions, extend their opening hours to allow increased access for the public. Special and unique events and workshops are specifically programmed at participating locations and, thanks to the continued support of the Arts Council and local authorities across the island of Ireland, all activities are made available to the public free of charge.