FilmLAB: Narative based moving pictures
FilmLAB was set-up in Waterford City in 2009 as a resource for emerging film makers. To date it has partnered on over 70 productions ranging from Shorts, Documenting, to Pop videos.
Those with whom it has worked with include:
- Dreamboat productions
- Labyrinth Management
- Little Red Kettle
- Quincy Films
- Pat Daly & Paul Bolger
- Colm Williamson
- Steven Stubbs
It will also be offering an equipment bursary for the winners of the Waterford Film Festival – best Script section and the overall Winning entry.
In August it will also announce details of ‘wet’ and ‘dry’ hire rates for creative narrative led productions.
- Complete a 3 year development plan.
- Provide information, advice and networking for members (via social media and regular meetings).
- Form links with local council, businesses, institutions and creatives.
- For Waterford to become the fulcrum of a South East filming, to attract investment from international productions and be the country’s most affordable production location.
- To make FilmLAB’s brand synonymous with brilliantly conceived and professionally made film projects.
- To expand FilmLAB’s activities possibly to include a full film production service – both in terms of technical access and training.
Over the next five years our intention is to develop a relationship with the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) possibly leading to full accreditation.
For information on this programme contact Conor Nolan