Sat 10th – Sun 18th February (Valentine’s Day in the middle on Wed 14th Feb)
Waterford Greenway is expected to be a hive of activity for Valentine’s Day and the entire mid-term break and with this in mind, two specially-commissioned Valentines Arches are to be placed at two different locations along the Greenway for the duration of a week-long social media promotion. We’re hoping you’d like to get involved?
The idea is that people will stop to take photos/selfies at the large, colourful heart-shaped arches with their loved ones (their kids, other halves, friends, dog, bicycle etc) and use the hashtag #LoveWaterfordGreenway and share their photos on social media.
They do not plan to tell people where the arches are but anticipate that people will tell each other through social media / word-of-mouth.
The promotion will put the Waterford Greenway back in people’s minds as a place to visit not just for the mid-term but as they make holiday plans for 2018. The #LoveWaterfordGreenway campaign will also remind locals about the Greenway, while giving those who regularly visit something new to see.
They are asking local businesses / groups to get involved in this campaign by using the hashtag for the week, and particularly on Valentine’s Day, Wednesday 14th of February.
Suggested actions for businesses /groups might include the following
- Offering a promotional price for hiring a tandem bike / Hire 2 bikes for the price of one
- Considering spending quality time with your loved ones on the Greenway and maybe even getting a family portrait at one of our Valentine’s Arches!
- Linking up with business – perhaps show a photo of the Greenway you posted to any social media platform using #LoveWaterfordGreenway and get a 10% discount
- Organizing a walking meeting on the Greenway, walk and talk
- A promotional offer – buy 2 coffees & cake and you get one of the cakes for free?
- Getting your sports / community group out for a walk / run / cycle on the Greenway and #LoveWaterfordGreenway
- Offering free heart shaped chocolate with any purchase
The above are just suggestions. It will have to be something that is viable for your own individual business / group. They would appreciate if you use the hashtag and make an extra effort to show your love of the Waterford Greenway for the week.
hope you can get involved and help everyone find ‘Wheel Love’ on the Waterford Greenway
Thank you for the support.