Closing Date for applications: 31st July 2018, €10,000 Short Film Fund Award.
Wexford County Council Arts Office in association with ‘Bodecii Film’ is delighted to announce a new Film Fund Award. The aim of this annual award is to provide funding and support to filmmakers looking to develop ambitious and creative short films based in the County Wexford region.
The focus of this award for 2018-2019 is on filmmaker/writer collaborations and is titled ‘Wexford Stories’.
‘Wexford Stories’ is a unique opportunity to encourage directors/producers nationwide to team with 1 of the 10 Wexford Writers who have previously taken part in Wexford Screen Writers Professional Development Workshops run by the Arts Office and Bodecii Film in 2017 -2018. The outcome of this intensive screen writing programme, where the writers were mentored by film industry professionals, are ten short screenplays that create exciting, dynamic and engaging screen stories.
Funding will be available through the scheme to support one short film with a budget of up to €10,000 funded through Wexford County Council Arts Office. The award also consists of project management support from Bodecii film ( based in Wexford) as well as €1,800 towards equipment hire with film lighting company ‘Teach Solais’
Wexford Stories welcomes application from a diversity of filmmakers nationwide with a passionate vision who wish to collaborate with the Wexford writers. The goal is to open the door to emerging Wexford writers to team with established and emerging Irish directors and producers.
Directors and Producers who have not previously attended the SDGI/Wexford County Council networking events for director/ writers held in Dublin in April 2018 and would like to find out more or access the 10 scripts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wexford County Council’s purpose in promoting this award is to support the 10 emerging Wexford writers who took part in the professional development workshops and filmmakers nationwide to make vibrant and compelling films and to increase awareness of the variety and flexibility of locations available in the region. The Arts Department of Wexford County Council is supporting this opportunity to support employment in the film making industry in County Wexford
Applications will require the following elements:
- Logline (1-2 line synopsis of the film) and short synopsis (200 – 300 words)
- Completed Script
- Director’s notes (including notes on visual style)
- Producer’s notes
- Identification of possible Co. Wexford locations
- Production budget, and notes on any additional funding required
- CVs of the core creative team (to include at least Writer, Producer and Director)
- Links to samples of previously produced work, if available
- Any additional available supporting material including show reels and links to previous work.
Send applications with the title ‘Wexford Stories Application for Film Fund’ to email@example.com
- All of the above production paperwork must be uploaded as one PDF, (max. 10MB) not separately uploaded.
- Scripts can be uploaded as a separate file.
- Applications must be submitted electronically.
- The creativity and quality of the script and project proposal (40/100)
- The suitability of Co. Wexford Locations for use in filming (30/100)
- The track record and demonstrable ability of the creative team to complete and deliver the project with the resources and funds available (30/100)
- Assessment will involve a panel interview for filmmaking teams in August 2018. The panel will include representatives from Wexford County Council Arts Office, and/or industry experienced filmmakers.
Wexford County Council will waive filming fees for any filming which takes place on Wexford County Council owned land. Work filmed in other locations will require necessary permissions and fees to be negotiated with location owners. Successful applicants will be required to ensure that appropriate insurances are in place to cover all film activity and to ensure that Wexford County Council are named and indemnified on all such policies. Wexford County Council reserves the right not to commission work if none of the proposals received are deemed to be suitable. In this instance, they reserve the right to pursue a different procurement process.
For further information and general enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and / or Lisa Fortune – Arts Office Wexford County Council: Tel: 053 9196369
All applications for film fund must be emailed directly to email@example.com
- Online applications only.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Closing date for applications: 5pm on Tuesday 31st July, 2018.
Mid – end August 2018 ( dates TBC) Applicants will be notified of shortlisting decisions and, if successful, invited to interview in August 2018.
Supported by the Screen Directors Guild of Ireland