Monday 8th – Sunday 14th October 2018.
Call for artwork(s) to light up the night at University Hospital Waterford
The Well Festival of Arts and Wellbeing, presented by Waterford Healing Arts Trust, Garter Lane Arts Centre and Waterford City and County Libraries, champions the health benefits of participation in the arts by everyone. The festival is funded by the Arts Council and Waterford City and County Council.
Light up the Night
For the past two years, temporary artworks have been displayed at the rear exterior of University Hospital Waterford for the enjoyment of patients and their families during the festival. In 2016, an inflatable light installation was installed by Spraoi and in 2017, artist Tom Meskell worked with the local community to create a series of flower lanterns which were lit each night.
Call for proposals
WHAT invites proposals from artists to display a visible and engaging temporary artwork(s) at the back of University Hospital Waterford during Well Festival 2018 (Mon 8th October to Friday 12th October 2018). The purpose is to create an art spectacle that patients, staff and visitors can enjoy and experience from the wards. The artwork(s) can pre-exist or can be produced by an individual artist, a group of artists or in collaboration with a community in the lead up to the festival. Space in the WHAT Centre can be made available for the latter. WHAT has 200 waterproof battery powered LED lights available. The total budget for this project is €700.
Please send a one page proposal containing:
- A short description of the proposed project detailing the core concept and requirements
- Images of the proposed work (photographs if available and/ or drawings)
- Budget breakdown
- One page CV
- Up to 5 images of previous work
- The successful proposal will be selected by representatives of the Well Festival and University Hospital Waterford. The criteria for selection will be:
- and send to ClaireA.email@example.com by Friday 29 June 2018 at 2pm.
- Aesthetic quality
- Positive impact on the hospital community
- Fit with the theme of the Festival feasibility
WHAT reserves the right not to select any proposal. This project is pending permission from UHW. Selected artwork(s) must comply with health and safety requirements.
For further information contact Claire Meaney at 051 842664 or see www.wellwaterford.com and www.waterfordhealingarts.com.