Deadline: 5pm Thursday 28th September 2017
Fingal County council is embarking on a new phase of Public Art commissioning utilizing funds generated through the Per Cent for Art Scheme. Infrastructure 2017 – 2021 is a local, national and international opportunity open to artists from all disciplines.
Infrastrucure is offered in 4 strands;
- Public Art Awards – made by a Two Stage Open Competition. Up to three major Public Art Awards of up to €75,000 each will be made to artists over the life of the commissioning programme.
- Co-Productions – awarded by Two Stage Open Competition. Up to five commissions with budgets of between €15,000 and €30,000 will be awarded through Strand 2.
- Buildings and Public Spaces Artists Panel – Shortlisted artists, selected through this open competition process, will be included on an Artists Panel, which will be active from 2017 to 2021.
- People’s Purchase – Since its establishment in 1994, Fingal county Council has been building an impressive collection of artworks for its public buildings. The People’s Purchase will expand Fingal County Council’s existing art collection further into the community in new and democratic ways.
For more info please see: http://fingalarts.ie/infrastructure/Infrastructure-artists-brief.pdf
Infrastructure is an international, national and local opportunity open to artists from across all art forms. Commissioned artists must be tax compliant and will be required to provide a Tax Clearance Cert and relevant insurances. Where an artist is working with children, Garda vetting will be required.
- The quality of an artist’s previous work or the demonstration of an applicant’s artistic potential. (Special consideration will be made where a submission is being made by an emerging artist.)
- Cultural Value for Fingal
- The potential to attract international audiences and critical attention.
- Innovation and new ways of thinking and engagement
- Potential of project to connect meaningfully with new audiences
Artists may submit for multiple strands. To apply for any of the opportunities offered through Infrastructure Fingal County council’s Public Art commissioning Programme 2017 – 2021, please visit the programme website where you can download an Application Form and guidelines of submission requirements.
Deadline for completed submissions; 5pm Thursday 28th of September 2017.
For further information about Infrastructure please contact;
Public art Co-ordinator,
Fingal County council,
Community, Recreation & Amenities Department.
Tel: 01 870 8449