The candidate is to be responsible for providing marketing and Communication support to the Director and to support the Gallery and Studios in the delivery of its Strategic Plan.
Working under the direction of GOMA’s Director and a small support team the role will add to the Strategic development and awareness of GOMA Gallery and studios. The role will deliver GOMA’s marketing and communications plan which is designed to build awareness of the Gallery and its activities, underrepresented audiences, artists and practitioners amongst multiple targeted audiences . The role will broaden awareness and recognition of GOMA Gallery amongst a broad variety of sectoral partners and service providers.
This role demands excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills. GOMA Gallery has a history of supporting artists and delivering an ambitious contemporary arts programme that is inclusive.
GOMA Gallery of Modern Art is a professional visual arts organisation of over 23 studio artists. GOMA has approx. 8-9 exhibitions per year, with a programme of professional development workshops, networking events, community events, residency’s, emerging artist awards, emerging curator awards, performance events, music events. GOMA’s outreach programme is cognizant, working inclusively when organising such initiatives, taking local groups, new communities, young people and diversity into consideration.
GOMA exhibits the work of recent graduates, emerging and established artists who are committed to producing work within a socio political framework. Work exhibited is selected on merit only. The education and outreach programme reflects the organisations interests with place, politics and people through a programme of events, workshops, exhibitions, talks and performances that allow audiences to engage. The gallery is programmed 12-18 months in advance.
Keys Areas of Responsibility
- Promote the day-to-day of GOMA Gallery, its studios, workshops, services, education and outreach and support GOMA to foster a culture of inclusivity and diversity.
- Assist with Implementing our newly developed strategic plan.
- Promote GOMA’s professional development opportunities for members through, for example, curatorial and artist exchanges, residencies, workshops and community outreach initiatives.
- Work with partners to promote events and initiatives, drive audience awareness. And sales.
- Assisting with the development of a new funding plan.
- Ensuring a consistent and cohesive voice for GOMA across the organisations work.
- Design and deliver content for digital campaigns covering organic and paid reach. Work with the team to develop marketing strategies and to create dynamic content for all external communications. support the sustained growth of GOMA’s audiences; online and on site.
- Assist with managing the website and social media accounts. Monitor and apply insights from all analytics to support marketing campaigns.
- Liaise with external PR/Graphic Designers/Printers for larger projects where external contractors are engaged.
- Present bi-monthly marketing reports to the Director and provide progress reports on identified targets.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary venue is desired
- Experience with implementing strategic planning.
- A strong awareness/ experience of the arts/ creative sector is required
- Ability to plan, develop and ensure the achievement of short, medium- and long- term priorities/goals
- Proven ability to form strategic alliances, partnerships and relationships.
- Exceptional communications skills – written and verbal, with the ability to act
- Flexible working hours, €350 per week, 19 hours.
- Some evening and/or weekend work is expected during busy periods.
- 6 month contract.
- Start Date 8th May 2023.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with “Job Application” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, 12th April, 2023.
Interviews will take place via Zoom or in person the week of the 24th of April 2023.
GOMA Gallery of Modern Art is funded by the Arts Council of Ireland and Waterford City and County Council. GOMA is an equal opportunities employer.