DEADLINE -15TH OF APRIL AT 5PM
GOMA Gallery is currently welcoming submissions for available dates in its 2024/2025 programme. The programme is open to all disciplines of Visual Arts practice. GOMA has approx. 8-9 exhibitions per year, with a programme of professional development workshops, networking events, community events, residencies, emerging artist awards, emerging curator awards, performance events and music events. GOMA’s outreach programme works inclusively when organising such initiatives, taking local groups, new communities, young people and diversity into consideration .
GOMA exhibits the work of emerging and established artists who are committed to producing work within a socio political framework. Work exhibited is selected on merit only.
The education and outreach programme at GOMA reflects the organisations interests with place, politics and people through a programme of events, workshops, exhibitions, talks and performances that allow audiences to engage.
The gallery is programmed 12-18 months in advance. Selection is made by curators and the panel of Directors.
All submitted proposals should be in PDF format through email to email@example.com by the 15th April at 5pm.
Please include the following in your PDF:
- Proposal: detailing your aims and objectives 700 words max.
- Artist Statement: Discuss how your proposed project is situated in relation to your current artistic practice.
- Images: minimum of ten examples of your work.
- C.V.: Describe your artistic background to a maximum of three pages.
- To be submitted as a PDF document.
EXHIBITION SERVICES AND PAY
In accordance with the Arts Councils policy on artist pay we ensure all artist exhibiting receive an artist fee. Payment is done on a contract basis where Artists are responsible for their own tax.
In addition GOMA also provides
- A technician for install.
- Transport of work to and from the Gallery.
- Guest speaker allowance
- Marketing and communications material.
- Opening reception costs.
- Additional fees are paid for talks and workshops as part of our inclusion, outreach and engagement programme.
Commission is charged at 25% on sale of work.