FURTHER INFORMATION FOR PLAYWRIGHT & PRODUCER TEAM GRANT (THEATRE)
Further information and Terms & Conditions
- All works must be unproduced and unfettered from publishing rights or previous agreements and must be the work of the applicant(s). Preference will be given to those who either live or work in Waterford or who were originally from Waterford.
- Preference is also given to scripts that identify with Waterford and the South East region as a whole.
- The rehearsed reading, prior to the 1st production, must be in association with the Waterford City & County Council (WC&CC) Arts Service and at an agreed date, time and location. The reading will be part of a programme that encourages outside funding for advise, production and touring purposes.
- As this grant is to promote the integrity, the works and viability of the profession of the author, WC&CC reserves the right to publish the play as part of a compendium in 2017/18 and again at a later date to be decided. This is to put the scripts into the wider public domain so as to aid Theatre groups – professional and amateur – to engage with the work of the author with a view to purchasing the rights, directly with the author, for further productions.
- For the purpose of promotion of the Script WC&CC reserves the option for investing in the First production and/or a production in 2020. WC&CC reserves the right to 2% of all royalties in perpetuity* while All other rights and royalties will remain the reserve of the author(s).
- WC&CC must be accredited in all promotional material and all formal material associated with all productions of the Play.
Contact email@example.com for any further clarifications.
(*Royalties accrued back to WC&CC will only be used to expand and enhance future Council theatrical writing and producing schemes.)