All applications must be received by 3:00 p.m. in hard copy and online on 14th November 2012.
The following three types of awards are on offer:
1. Fulbright Student Awards: For up to one academic year for postgraduate study or research in the United States in any discipline, including the arts. Grants are a maximum of $20,000. Applicants may stay to complete their academic program if it is longer than one year.
2. Fulbright Scholar and Professional Awards: Grants available for up to €35,000 (Irish Language) and $20,000 (General Awards) for academics and professionals with more than five years’ experience to research and/or lecture in the US, lasting between and three and twelve months.
3. Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA) Awards: Ten-month Awards for Irish language teachers to refine their teaching skills in the US by teaching at a US college and taking classes at a post-graduate level. Grants are available for approximately €20,000.
There are a number of sponsored awards for students and scholars in specific disciplines, including:
- Fulbright-Environmental Protection Agency Award in Water, Climate Change, and Sustainable Environment (Student and Scholar)
- Fulbright-Marine Institute Award on Any Marine Science/Business Topic (Student and Scholar)
- Fulbright-Enterprise Ireland Award in Innovation (Student Only)
- Fulbright-Teagasc Award in Agriculture, Food, and Forestry (Student Only)
- Fulbright-University of Notre Dame LL.M. in International Human Rights Law (50% tuition waiver) (Student Only)