Wexford Arts Centre and Wexford County Council are pleased to announce a call for submissions for their annual Emerging Visual Artist Award.
The Emerging Visual Artist Award is a partnership initiative between Wexford Arts Centre, Wexford County Council and the Arts Council. The initiative supports promising visual artists in Ireland with an award of €5,000 and a solo exhibition at Wexford Arts Centre. It aims to recognize and support the development of committed emerging artists, in kick starting their career and achieving professional recognition.
The successful recipient will be required to create a new body of work during the period October 2015 – December 2016, which will be exhibited at Wexford Arts Centre during January – February 2017.
Who is eligible to apply for the Award?
– Applicants practicing any visual art form are eligible to apply;
– Applicants must have resided in Ireland for a minimum twelve month period to be eligible to apply;
– Applicants cannot be enrolled in an undergraduate programme in their art form at the time of the application deadline;
What selection criteria will be used?
– Applicant’s demonstrated commitment as a serious professional to her/his art form;
– Overall excellence of the applicant’s art work;
– Demonstration of exceptional talent;
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com and include the following:
– An up to date CV;
– A work statement detailing themes, working methods and medium – 300 word limit;
– A proposal in relation to the body of work which will be undertaken – 350 word limit;
– Timescale breakdown – research, production, delivery;
– Budget breakdown – materials, travel, studio hire, etc.;
– Examples of work to date i.e. documentation in the form of 10 jpeg images;
Full details for each image is required, i.e. title, medium, measurements, date of work. Three copies of each film, video or audio work can be sent by post to: Emerging Visual Artist Award, Wexford Arts Centre, Cornmarket, Wexford Town or alternatively links to video and/or audio works can be emailed.
Notes on submissions:
Please adhere to the following notes whilst preparing your application:
– Please format all information in one document and keep to the word limit on the artist statement and proposal;
– Please save each Jpeg image with the following details: Artist’s Name_Title_Medium_Dimensions_Year (for example: NoelSmith_LandscapeInBlue_AcrylicOnWoodenPanel_43x30cms_2015);
– If sending film, audio or video work please label with your name and contact number, work title, and duration;
– Do not submit any hardcopy material including catalogues, invitations, artist books, etc.
Please enclose a €7.50 processing fee with your application. Cheques should be made payable to Wexford Arts Centre, or you can ring the Box Office at Wexford Arts Centre on +353 (0)53 9123764 with your debit card details.
The deadline for receipt of email submissions is 4.00p.m. Thursday 4th June 2015. For gallery plans and images please log on to http://www.wexfordartscentre.ie/application-process-20151.html.