€165,000 of funding from Waterford City & County Council was announced at the Plenary meeting held on Thursday evening January 12th. Despite financial constraints the support, and indeed the modest increase, is seen as the Council’s trust and belief in the very active arts sector throughout Waterford.
Six organisations in total achieved a share of the €165,000. Garter Lane received a one-off increase in funding to go towards a national tour of ‘Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye’ by Jim Nolan and GOMA Waterford also received a one-off increase to aid its transition to a Limited Liability Company.
- Garter Lane Arts Centre (Waterford) €62,500
- GOMA Waterford €12,000
- Theatre Royal (Waterford) €65,000
- Christ Church Cathedral (Waterford) €5,500
- Central Arts (Waterford) €10,000
- Coastguard Cultural Centre (Tramore) €10,000
During 2017 venues will be advised of their responsibilities in regards to the policies and aspirations of the 2016 – 2021 Arts Strategy and how this may impact on future funding.